Monday, July 12, 2010

James 1:19-21

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you."

Now, those of you who know me may notice that I'm not a big talker. I have never been one to take over a conversation. It may have something to do with past experiences but I believe I've desired to be someone who lived this message. Quick to listen, slow to speak...I don't want to be someone who blurts out the first thing that comes to mind and regret it afterwards. I never want to put people down or hurt anyone. I think the hardest part for me is the slow to become angry. More so on the road than anywhere else. Our pastor yesterday touched on this very thing and reminded me that I need to remember to be clothed in righteousness everyday so that when those times when the people on the road who bother me, I can let God's peace remove the anger and remember that He loves them just as much as He loves me.

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment